At Maptorch Realtors ("Maptorch" or "we" or "us" or "our"), we appreciate your use of and contributions to our websites, our mobile and desktop applications, our other properties and/or our related services (collectively known as the "Services," or, each individually, a "Service"). Maptorch Realtors respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Collection of Information
When you use the Services, we collect a variety of information.
• Information you provide. When using the Services, you may provide information about yourself, such as name, address, phone number, email and details around a potential transaction. This may occur, for example, when you register on the Services, claim a home, correspond with a real estate agent via the Services, or complete other forms, such as a loan request. You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a real estate listing with a recipient via email. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies.
In addition, when you order products or services through the Services, Maptorch Realtors may collect your credit/debit card information. This information is secured using industry-standard encryption technology. Maptorch Realtors will use this information solely to complete your order and will not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete the order or comply with applicable law.
Some pages of the Services may use third-party Web beacons from Yahoo! In addition to our use of the data to analyze visitor activity on the Services, Yahoo! may use anonymous information about your visit in order to improve its products and services and to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We have implemented Google Analytics remarketing, which tracks and manages cookie information so that we and third-party service providers can better deliver advertisements that are relevant and useful to you on the Services and various websites across the Internet. We have also implemented Google Analytics display network impression reporting to better understand how ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our sites. You can customize ads or opt out of these services using the Google Ads Settings.
• Mobile Device and Mobile Browser. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
• Usage logs. When you use the Services, your computer or other electronic device communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your Internet Protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you're visiting.
• Calls. Calls to Maptorch Realtors or to third parties through Maptorch Realtors may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. If a call is recorded between you and a third party, it will be deemed private information of both you and the third party, and may be released to either of you.
Usage and Disclosure
In general, Maptorch Realtors uses the information collected from you to communicate with you and operate our Services. Maptorch Realtors also uses this information to respond to your requests.
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally, where you have chosen to keep it private ("Personal Information"). We will only share Personal Information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
• Consent. When you consent or direct Maptorch Realtors to share the Personal Information. For example, if you choose to contact a real estate agent or lender through the Services, your name and email address will appear to the recipient of the message.
• Merger or sale. If and when Maptorch Realtors is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business.
Real Estate Information
Maptorch Realtors strives to provide open and transparent information about real estate markets. For example, we make available past sales prices for homes, and allow any user to post a question or answer about a given home. Many times, this information is already publicly available. As long as discussion surrounds real estate and not individuals, we intend to keep this information freely available through the Services. Where a professional participates in the Maptorch Realtors communities, we may also allow users to comment on the professional.
You may receive email from Maptorch Realtors for a variety of reasons - for example, if you took an action through the Services, you signed up for a regular report. We respect your desire to manage email correspondence. If you have an account with Maptorch Realtors, you can select your preferences through your account settings. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
In addition, if you have provided your email address to us, we may use a scrambled, unreadable form (a hash) of your email address to deliver tailored advertisements to you on the Services or on other websites, including via Facebook’s Custom Audience Feature or other similar Facebook tools.
Maptorch Realtors can provide you with helpful information based on where you are. If you tell Maptorch Realtors where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send Maptorch Realtors your location), Maptorch Realtors may use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
You understand that when you join Maptorch Realtors, you will be added to the Maptorch Rentals Directory, which is available to all Maptorch Rentals users and which may be made publicly available. The directory information may include certain Personal Information you provide to us, such as your name, email and other contact information.
Storage, Security and Retention of Information
You acknowledge that Personal Information will be processed and stored by Maptorch Realtors in databases. Maptorch Realtors has taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. No transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure, however, so please always use caution when submitting Personal Information.
Contacting Maptorch Realtors
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the privacy practices of Maptorch Realtors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Updated November 2017